Monday 7 May 2012

Dare to believe in grace

Grace, it's something that I will never fully understand but something I'll always love and admire in a person. I think grace is the key to any relationship. Of course love and trust are very important too but I believe that it is grace that helps a relationship - whether romantic or platonic - to survive.
Everyday relationships are tested, things happen which are out of our control which can have a knock on effect on our relationships. We have fall outs, we get hurt, we lose someone we love, but there is always grace. One of my favourite films is The Grace Card. Two police officers are partnered. One of them is a Pastor and he shows love and grace to his partner - a hopeless, angry, bitter, broken man. Grace leads to love, love leads to forgiveness and forgiveness leads to healing.
It's all about grace.
I've lost friends and relationships because I or the other person involved didn't show grace - and sometimes I wonder what it would be like now if I had shown it, or they had, how close would I still be to them. We can't live our lives wishing though, looking back and wondering what it would be like if we had done something differently. All we can do is learn from our mistakes and show a little grace next time.
So today, I dare you to believe in grace - in the power it has. Believe in how it can change situations, lead to healing. Grace is the best gift you can give to someone so why don't you give it to someone today? Dare to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment